When I googled “carrot salad recipe” the first full pages of hits were boring grated carrot salads with sultanas and maybe some apple if people dared to be a little edgy… So I thought I should come up with a tasty contemporary carrot salad recipe myself. Feel free to use the ingredients in the ratios that you like. Or not to follow the recipe. I never do anyway 😉 .
• A bunch of carrots
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp ginger syrup
• 2 sprigs tarragon (or 1 tsp dried)
• 2 sprigs of thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
• 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp soy Sauce
How it’s done
1. Remove the leafy green from the carrots and wash the carrots to make sure there is no sand is left behind. Cut the green tops off and cut the carrots two times lengthwise in 4 parts.
2. If you use fresh tarragon and thyme, chop it up before adding to the carrots with the rest of the ingredients. Toss the ingredients and let the carrots marinate for half an hour or so. This way the carrots will nicely absorb all the flavors.
This contemporary carrot salad is very nice as a side dish for a BBQ or picnic. But also suits well as a lunch salad. Share your creations @TalesofPastry or #TalesofPastry.