BBQ season is opened and a propper potato salad can not be missing. My love for potatoes is not a secret. Potatoes are for me, comfort food at its finest. Fried, roasted, boiled, jacked, or mashed and preferably served with a good amount of sauce. Fresh herbs and salty capers bring the traditional potato salad to the next level. I can recommend to always make some extra. Because leftover potato salad for lunch is super satisfying.
Ingredients for 4 servings
• 800g peeled waxy potatoes
• 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
• 3 tbsp Mayonaise
• 2 tbsp capers
• 1 shallot or red onion
• Bunch of chives
• Bunch of parsley
• Pepper & salt to taste
• Cooking pot
• (Salad) bowl
• Chopping board
How it’s done
1. Bring a cooking pot with water to a boil. Cut the peeled potatoes in cubes and boil them for about 10-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
2. Chop the shallot or onion and herbs finely.
3. Mix all the ingredients except for the boiled potatoes in a bowl. When the dressing is mixed well, add the potatoes and mix until the dressing is evenly divided.
4. Optionally top the potato salad off with some parsley and chives. Serve lukewarm or cold.
If you like to make more fresh salads, check out this Contemporary Carrot Salad recipe.
With what did you pair your potato salad? Let me know in the comments below. And if you captured your creations please share them with me via @talesofpastry or #talesofpastry.