Big chunks of crunchy peanut butter granola with chocolate chunks, banana chips and roasted walnuts. This Chunky Monkey Granola is a tasty start of your morning.
Ingredients for 1 big jar of Chunky Monkey Granola
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 100g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 100g walnuts
- 100g sweet banana chips
- 100g dark chocolate
- Baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Mixing bowl
- Microwave-proof dish
How it’s done!
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F fan and line the baking tin with baking paper.
2. Add the peanut butter and honey to a microwave-proof dish and melt it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add the vanilla extract and stir together.
3. Add the rolled oats, cinnamon and salt to a mixing bowl and mix it together. Add the peanut butter/honey mixture and mix everything until evenly distributed.
4. Spread out the Chunky Granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet into a thick flat layer.
5. Bake the Chunky Granola for 15 minutes. Then take out the granola sheet, break it into chunks and turn them around. Bake the Granola chunks for another 5-7 minutes to brown all sides.
6. Let the Chunky Granola cool down completely. Meanwhile chop the dark chocolate in small chunks. You can optionally roast the walnuts for approx. 5 minutes in a dry hot pan.
7. Add the chocolate chunks, walnuts and banana chips to the Chunky Granola and mix everything together. Store the Chunky Monkey Granola in a large jar or airtight container for upto 1 month.
Serving suggestion: Serve the Chunky Monkey Granola plain as a snack or add milk or yogurt of choice for a festive breakfast.
If you like to make more brekfast cereal recipes, check out this Homemade Granola with pecan & hazelnut or Cereal Pancakes!
Did you make this Chunky Monkey Granola? Let me know in the comments down below if you liked it and feel free to drop any questions or suggestions. I’d love to see your creations. So share them with me @Talesofpastry (Insta + FB) or Tales-Of-Pastry (Reddit).