One of my biggest hobbies is creating dishes with only the ingredients that are already in my kitchen. But even more fun is creating weird recipes with friends. This random recipe for apple, banana brownie cookies I created with my friend Cate, surprisingly turned out to be super tasty, chewy brownie cookies.
Vegan, Sugar free & Gluten free adaptable
Feel free to replace the regular flour and butter or margarine with any flour or oil of your choice. To make it gluten-free, vegan, or just more to your taste. This recipe almost only contains natural sugars apart from the dark chocolate drops. As I used peanut butter without added sugar. So in case you like this recipe to be sugar-free, feel free to leave out the dark chocolate drops or replace them with sugar-free chocolate drops.
What makes these apple, banana, brownie cookies so great is that they don’t taste ”healthy”. Because in my opinion, that is not what a cookie should taste like. They were also not intended to be when we created this recipe. But they turned out to be pretty kick-ass low-calorie cookies and that’s just a nice bonus.
• 2 very ripe bananas
• 1 apple
• 50g butter or margarine
• 50g flour
• 50g of oatmeal
• 50g cocoa powder
• 50g dark chocolate drops
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• square baking pan
• Mixing bowl
How it’s done
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and line the baking tray with baking paper. This way the brownie cookies will not stick and can easily be lifted out of the baking pan.
2. Peal, core and grate the apple.
3. Crush the bananas with a fork or immersion blender in a mixing bowl.
4. Melt the butter and add it together with the grated apple, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the mashed banana. Mix until combined.
5. Add the oatmeal, flour, cacao powder, and baking soda above the bowl and mix into a smooth batter.
6. Mix the dark chocolate drops trough the batter and scoop 9 individual portions of patter on the prepared baking tray with an ice cream scoop.
7. Bake the apple, banana, brownie cookies for 15 to 20 minutes. Be aware that the cookies will not become crispy but just set on the outside and nice and cakey on the inside.
Are there any surprising ingredients or recipes you discovered? Let me know in the comments below. I am very excited to experiment with new flavors. Please do share your photo’s @talesofpastry or #talesofpastry if you tried this recipe. I would love to see your creations
Chocolate Banana Nice Cream - Tales of Pastry %August 19, 2020 at 11:21 am
[…] for some more Banana recipes? Check these Apple, Banana Brownie Cookies, or this Nutty Banana, (not)Coffee, Ghee […]
Maple Cinnamon & Ketchup crisp Cookies with Ketchup glaze - Tales of PastrySeptember 10, 2020 at 8:06 am
[…] Hungry for more cookie recipes? Check out the recipe for Apple, banana, brownie cookies! […]
Chocolate chip Banana Bread - Tales of PastryMarch 3, 2021 at 1:59 pm
[…] you liked this Chocolate chip Banana Bread, then these Gluten-free Banana Breakfast Waffles or Apple, Banana Brownie Cookies might be something for you too. […]