Every now and then I realize that my love for food is playing tricks on my figure again. So I decide to forget how much I hate sports and start working out again. But eating less is not an option and eating healthy is often very boring. But what’s not boring is eating cake for breakfast. And that is absolutely the solution to persist the ”fit girl lifestyle”. Or not… We all just like more cake!
Ingredients for 8 – 10 pieces of cheesecake
For the crust
• 150g nut cruesli
• 50g oats
• 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any substitute)
• Splash of maple syrup
• Hand full of raisins
For the Mango cheesecake filling
• 250g of frozen mango cubes
• 400g vanilla flavor Kvarg
• 400g skimmed quark
• 20g gelatin powder (or 12 gelatin sheets)
• Vanilla aroma
• A cup of water
For the Passion fruit topping
• 250g of passionfruit cubes
• 5g gelatin powder (or 3 gelatin sheets)
• A cup of water
• 23 cm springform
• Food processor
• Baking paper
• 2 dishes
How to prepare the no-bake Mango, Passionfruit Cheesecake
1. Take the frozen mango and passion fruit out of the freezer to defrost. Line the bottom of the springform with baking paper (optionally).
2. Put the ingredients of the crust in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely grainy and sticky enough to stay together. Divide the mixture over the bottom of the springform and press lightly.
3. Make sure the food processor has no crumbs left and put all the ingredients for the mango cheesecake filling in the blender, except for the gelatin and the water. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
4. let the gelatin (20g or 12 sheets) soak for 10 minutes in enough water (the powdered gelatin will absorb the water so add some more if the liquid is all gone). Warm the water and the gelatin in a microwave-proof dish in the microwave for about 2,5 minutes until fully dissolved (warming in a saucepan will also do the trick of course). Add the warm gelatin to the mango cheesecake mixture and pulse fastly until combined. (If the mango was still al little frozen and the mixture is too cold, the gelatin will curdle if you work to slow.) Pour the mango cheesecake mixture in the springform and place it in the fridge.
5. Make sure the passion fruit is defrosted. In case you think the passion fruit is a little too sour you can add a little sweetener to taste. Let the gelatin (5g or 3 sheets) soak for 10 minutes in enough water. Warm the water and the gelatin in a microwave-proof dish in the microwave for about 2 minutes until fully dissolved (warming in a saucepan will also do the trick of course). Add the warm gelatin to the passion fruit and mix with a spoon or fork until combined. Pour the passion fruit mixture on top of the mango cheesecake in the springform.
6. Let the cheesecake set in the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight. Just slice in as many pieces as you like and eat for breakfast or snack. You can easily freeze the pieces of cheesecake so you do not have to eat it for breakfast for 8 to 10 days 😉 (it will probably also taste kick-ass half frozen).
If you like this no-bake Mango, Passion fruit breakfast Cheesecake recipe, you may also like this Tropical no-bake mini breakfast Cheesecake Recipe.
I worked out this recipe because there were several people who were very excited about the looks of this cheesecake and asked for the recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do. In case you tried this mango passion fruit cheesecake recipe I would be stoked to see your creations. Please share them with me @TalesofPastry or #TalesofPastry.